Opened as Uddingston: 1st April, 1878.
Closed: 1st January, 1917.
Reopened: 2nd June, 1919.
Renamed Uddingston East: 28th February, 1953.
Closed: 4th July, 1955.
Uddingston East Station was situated on the Glasgow, Bothwell, Hamilton & Coatbridge Railway between Shettleston and Hamilton, and served the town of Uddingston in South Lanarkshire. The station opened on 1st April, 1878. It was closed as a wartime economy measure between 1917 and 1919. Following railway nationalisation, the station was renamed Uddingston East on 28th February, 1953, in order to avoid confusion with the nearby Uddingston Station on the Clydesdale Junction Railway. Uddingston East Station was closed two years later, on 4th July, 1955. The line closed to goods traffic on 4th October, 1964.Wikipedia page
A southward view at Uddingston Station circa 1910. [Gordon Stansfield]( Collapse )